Saturday, April 19, 2008

Angel


My cat that I've had since I was in first grade was put to sleep this morning. After 17, going on 18, years of life and several trips to the vet (and week-long stays) in and out of the past month, Angel's body went slowly downhill. My family made the toughest decision while I was away at school: help her move on to a more comfortable stage of her life.

It's hard and I have been trying to prepare myself for this for a long time now, but I still feel so alone in this grieving process. I really wish I was just home with my family. The only silver lining I really see to this cloud is that I have one less possible surprise this summer while I'm FAR away and helpless, had anything happened to her.

:( I've been going through a few other rough stages in my life since spring break, so this is another blow to add to the bruises. 2008, you suck as a year for me. I miss 2007.

Perhaps a 'summer away from it all' will be good for more than just the cars. I'm going to set out to clear my head.

No comments: