Joe took me to a Puddle of Mudd concert for a Valentine's/Christmas gift, and after the concert I got to meet the lead singer, Wes Scantlin!!!!!!!
Puddle of Mudd has been my favorite band since they first hit it big on the FM airwaves in 2001. I have followed them through their thick and thin, quietly savoring their albums and surprising people that a trimmed and polished girl like myself is actually a little rock chick.And now, with concert tickets for executive leather seats on a balcony at a concert, I got to get a hug and a handshake from the lead singer after the show, where he popped out onto this balcony from a secret stairwell to escape the crowds on the first floor (the mosh-pit floor). He didn't escape me, hee hee. :)
He was a very cool guy, very thankful and laid back. He didn't talk long and he was gone from my side before I even finished registering that I was actually meeting this globetrotter - but he did recognize me from looking up at me in the balcony during the show when the concert lights would pan the crowd and he could see out to everyone.
Yaaay!! That was one memorable experience.
In other news, I've been busy and booked solid, hence why this blog has been neglected. I won't sing you any sad songs about what is keeping me so busy since we all are in our own right - just that it is RARE for me to come back to my apartment at the end of the day and it still be daylight out (even with the days getting longer now). For example, every Monday this semester, I am booked solid from 7:30 AM to 9:20 PM on campus. Annnnd tomorrow is Monday. Yummay.
Such is the life of a college senior engineering student.
I'm also gearing up for my big relocation across the country. Nissan contacted me on Friday and gave me the go-ahead to actively start house-searching in the Canton, MS, area. However, I've always been the planner-person, and I've already got some apartments earmarked and a road trip scheduled with the parents and 'hubby' for the last weekend of April, to check out the town and come back to WI with a lease signed for a place for those 3 months.
Wish me luck! I have been very stressed and will welcome any free time or alone time, to get back to my roots and the old life that I miss..........
No comments:
Post a Comment