Sunday, August 05, 2012

2012 Olympics - London

Following the Olympics this year.  Some of my observations:

1) As a fellow runner, it is fascinating to me to watch the track & field running portions of these competitions.  I cannot believe my own eyes, watching how swiftly the legs of these runners move.  Jesus.  I wish they'd replay the Women's marathon event; I woke up this morning and just missed it!

2) I guess I'd like to visit London someday.  The brief aerial shots of the city surrounding the commercial breaks make it look pretty neat.

3) My alarm clock and I are going through a bit of a rough patch.  She insists on going off at 4:30 AM every morning to drag me in to work, while I insist on staying up until midnight the night before to watch coverage of the Olympics.  Alarm clock, quit being such a bitch.  I'll sleep when I'm dead!

4) I am grateful for DVR.  Let it rack up episodes of the handful of other shows I like to follow; I'll have to catch up with them in two weeks when this is all over with!

5) Screw it, I like to sit on my ass on my couch and watch the Olympics while eating a bag of potato chips...or popcorn...or caramel chews.  Why?  Because every single woman Olympian I see on TV does not have so much as a pinch of fatty skin on her.  And I am jealous.  Yes.  So, I react by eating my emotions with beautiful, salty, greasy potato chips. Consider it my version of 'taking one for the team,' OK?!

6) The Brazilian swimmer, Cesar Cielo?  OMFG.  He is really giving Aaron Rodgers a run for being my future husband!  Aye dios Mio!

7) All of this coverage makes me anxious for the next round of Olympics, the winter Olympics.  I followed those more than the summer Olympics when I was growing up, so I enjoy seeing them!

8) I'm proud to see 'USA' on the fronts of the uniforms of each of our competitors we sent there.  I hope they're having the time of their lives.  They might have medalled with a gold in their event, while I spent the evening fighting nodding off after working.  And to me, that's just a Tuesday!  Good job, athletes.


No comments: