Sunday, October 10, 2010

Captain Ullmer

Dad's not just a captain at work now....he's becoming a captain of a different sort.
.
..
...
..
.
The captain of an airplane!!!

Mark your calendars.  October 9, 2010: Dad's first flight to visit me!  Destination: Marysville, Ohio.

 Dad and his plane.

Dad and daughter.

 We haven't told very many people (at all), but Dad has been working on getting his pilot's license since about May of this year.  Mission?  To fly to Ohio to see his daughter!!  :-) 

Well, last month, he actually bought a plane with a business partner.  It's a Cirrus SR22 GTS -- look it up on the internet, it is beautiful and pretty appropriately sized for him.  They'll rent the plane out to others if interested, but they have their own dibs on taking it flying.

Yesterday was Dad's first trip to see me!  He flew my mom and cousin down for lunch, and then flew back to Wisconsin.  CRAZY to just sit back and read that I just typed that -- who do we roll with now, folks like John Travolta?!?!  No - I just am humbled about this new convenience and, well, mile-high lifestyle.

 Action shot - Dad taking off from Marysville and headed back to WI.

I love you Dad, and I am so proud of you for doing this.  I cannot believe that you would do this for me, just to visit and have an easier way of seeing me.  I am touched.  We videotaped your landing on Zach's camera, and have watched it a few times.  Each time I watch it I start up with tears because it's so neat and amazing to see you do this!


I truly feel like the luckiest daughter in the world.  What a great time.

No comments: