I did something today that I've been wanting to do for a long, long time:
I fixed up a dish for supper that I learned about while living in Mississippi!!
It's formally called Parmesan chicken, but I still smile and chuckle to myself because my overzealous Mississippi friend Bryan started calling it 'Crack Chicken'....because "it tastes soooo good, it's gotta be better than crack!"
Oh, my....I love my job at Honda, and I love the Honda environment...but man, I still think fondly of my summer as a southern girl. I love Mississippi, and I loved the exploring I did on the weekends. I loved having that period in my life, all to myself. :-) I'll always hold it in a special place.
Alas, Crack Chicken was my way of taking a neat little trip down memory lane tonight. And you know what? I NAILED it. The chicken was fully cooked and succulent upon the first time I pulled it out of the oven and sliced it open to check on it! Yum!
How to pull it together? You will need:
Chicken breasts (I made 1.65 lbs, but honestly this recipe calls for more like 2 to 2.5 lbs!)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 packet of Italian dressing mix
Mix cheese, bread crumbs, and dressing packet together in a bowl. Dredge each chicken breast in the mayonnaise, then roll the chicken in the bowl of mix.
Place the breasts in a pan and cover in Aluminum foil. Bake at 325 for 1.5 hours. Remove and serve - I served it with mashed potatoes and cheesy broccoli as my two sides, and it led to a well balanced, heavy supper!
Enjoy your crack chicken!
No comments:
Post a Comment