Tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to try to do my first outdoor run of the season. I'm jacked!
This past weekend, Z and I took the new car out on our first road trip. It was my last full weekend off until Easter, discounting the third Saturday this month where I'll be on medical leave due to my wisdom tooth removal surgery.
I loveeee the new car!! I'm not sure if I enjoy driving it more during the daytime or nighttime - I just love how the cockpit lights up at night.
Anyway, we went to Cincinnati to score some end-of-the-season winter gear sales. I got myself a new winter coat. (For the past four years, I've been wearing this single-layer wool peacoat thing.) I got my first Columbia jacket! I love it. I got a steal-deal on it, too.
To add a cherry on top of the celebratory day, Zach and I were actually down south enough to find a McAlister's deli to eat supper at!!!!
Page back through the archives of this blog, and I believe you'll find a post about how I fell so head over heels for this Oxford, Mississippi-born restaurant, while I worked in Mississippi during the summer of 2008. I LOVE McAlister's, and I LOVE their famous sweet tea. (FYI, McAlister's is like a Panera Bread....only more southern!)
It was pretty monumental for me to be reunited with the sweet tea this weekend:

I chugged that sucker down, and then got a refill...and chugged that down, too. :-)
Yay for springtime activities! Can I break out the flip-flops yet?
2 comments:
Yeah, Ohio Spring. Your mother is still dragging me around the block in the Wisconsin sleet! Not to be a Debbie Downer but...I saw Robin last week on the drag. It was frozen to death on the side of the road, with a look of horror on it's uh... beak. He/she seriously took a wrong turn at the time zone! Can we visit...long term? You have a bigger bed now right? Dad
I thought you already had your wisdom teeth out?? - Amber
Post a Comment