I've had time to read up on all my Motor Trend magazines; help wash Zach's truck, my car; go tour the Columbus-famous chocolate factory; buy a car jack and stands for upcoming car maintenance projects I want to get involved in; get 2/3rds of the way through a Back to the Future marathon; research and buy a pedometer (this whole running thing just got a violent shove into being serious); and work on some laundry.
And that was Saturday.
:-)
But, can I make a plug for the Back to the Future movies?? I just wanted to say that I love them and I feel they are so clever. Zach owns the trilogy, and on Saturday we agreed to sit down and watch them all, back to back, while my stitched mouth was healing.

Admittedly, this was probably the first time I've watched these movies since the 80s when they were produced (and YES, I am old enough to have watched stuff in the 80s!!), but they made so much more sense to me now, watching them back-to-back-to-back. I thought it was clever how the movie plots picked up RIGHT where the previous movie left off - even down to the same scene. I loved finding all the little parallelisms between movies, and how the same character nuances and traits came through each time, too. And did you know that BTTF III was filmed before BTTF II?!? Learned that in the bonus features, Baby!
I just think this was all very well pulled off by Speilberg and Robert Zemeckis. For the 80s, they did a great job making a movie ahead of its time. The concept of a space-time continuum, and using it in a action/comedy storyline, is so fascinating. The acting cast was so timeless, too. Christopher Lloyd, where are you nowadays?! I truly miss him.
And Michael J. Fox, you were the first celebrity crush I ever had - and it was all because of these movies! Four years old and heart-throbbing for you....oh, for shame!! Hee hee. :-)
"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."
No comments:
Post a Comment