Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saved email

I've had this email for the past few weeks - it's from my running buddy Jon, who worked in the Weld department with me while I was completing my rotation through the department for 5 months.

(FYI, I have graduated from the department and as of two weeks ago, have now returned to my 'home' department, Assembly.)

Our desks were in the same cluster, so he saw a lot of the awkwardness and the stressful work environment I was put through. But, he is a good guy, and we were 'running buddies' because we'd always root each other on to keep on jogging and doing our nightly exercise routines. We'd compare mileage times, offer stretching suggestions, or good evening schedules to make sure we'd still have time to get our runs in, while still balancing our lives.

Thought I'd share the email here...:


YOU MADE IT! Seriously, you did a great job working through all the issues that our group dishes out. You did fit in very well. You have a great personality, with the ability to please all while still getting what you want accomplished. Your positive energy will also take you far in your life. Your parents did a great job of raising you. I'm sure they are very proud of you. Zach is a very lucky person. Hopefully he will always appreciate you. I thank you for the sunshine you brought to me during the past months. This area can get very stormy, as you know. I will miss your smiles so much. If you ever need help with something, let me know. I hope my daughters will grow up to be as nice a person as you are. Remember, Don't let anyone ever change who you are. Sometimes sharing a space with someone can make you alter who you are. Let everyone enjoy you for who you are, not who they want you to be. If I could say this to you in person, I would. I'm sure you understand. Have a great life.

No comments: