Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I cut off all my hair!!

Well, today I went in to my barber and got 10" of my hair lopped off to donate to Locks of Love!!!


BEFORE:

AFTER:


10" is the minimum length that is needed for the factories to send through the cleansing process and the assembly line of clamps, bleach, and scissors, to prepare the hair and refine it for a wig. Up to 6 human heads of donations are required to make 1 wig for a chemotherapy patient.

I have been growing my hair out since graduation day of high school, so to have it this short again for the first time in 4 years is a bit exhilarating...I know I will grow it out a little more than this...probably just past shoulder-length...but for now I am feeling good about my donation and doing my part to honor cancer patients currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments, like a good pal of mine back home that I think of often.

Now we'll have to see what Joe thinks of this, when I visit him this weekend for his part of the Rock Aqua Jays' performance in the National Show Ski competition!! Good luck, Burritto!!!


No comments: