Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy 3-0 to Lyles!

Happy Birthday, Corey!  Getting older sucks..... you go first!

Corey and his fiancee Melissa both work on-line at my Honda plant on night shift.  I met Corey first because he works on-line in my (old) area, and he is a raging Chicago Bears fan.  Yes, I always have something to say to him, to put him in his place.

He introduced me to his girl Melissa -- a local farm girl who is the same age as me!  She and I were each looking for more girl friends around here, so we have been a great match.  Now I hang out with her, and just wave hello to Corey.  (They are getting married in December!  Congratulations, I am proud of both of you.)

Props to Melissa for organizing a backyard BBQ/games party for Corey.  It was a Honda turnout with spouses and friends.  What a great afternoon.  Although it was only a handful of us, these folks are real down-to-earth.  I'd pull up a lawn chair next to them and share a lemonade, any day.

Here are some photos from his party!  (She hired a photographer.)

The birthday cake (pie)....


Some of us attendees....

Corey and Melissa!  Congrats, and thank you for your friendship.


No comments: