Saturday, January 07, 2012

Smile Makeover!

Confession: I had full-metal braces for the second time in my life, for 13 months.  13 long, neverending, are-we-there-yet?, months.  That is where I have been all this time!

Following those 13 months, I had an additional 4 months of veneer work done by my dentist, Dr. Aparna Sadineni.  She is wonderful and was with me every step of the way; she was just as particular and picky as I was, to get this project done right.  It is just a cherry on top that she is a total sweetheart and her entire office staff cracks me up.  From here on out, I will always be bringing my smile to her.

Drumroll please...my smile is now COMPLETE!  My whole smile was made over and I cannot be happier.  It was all worth it, and now I have a lifetime ahead of me of being able to flash a broad smile and just be a happy person, without worrying how my chompers are looking.

Seriously.  The metal braces, feeling like I was in middle school again, the coils, wearing the rubberbands, taking forever to floss between my brackets on every tooth at night; and the dental work, the grinding, the shots, the needles in my gum line, the numbing, the bruising, the bleeding gums, the temporary veneers that cling on only like fingernails, the waiting, the lab work -- it was ALL WORTH IT.

Side note: I think I could list as one of the world's most patient people now!  Ha!  (And stubborn......)

Anyway, enjoy the 'before' and 'after' pictures -- then come hang with me in person so I can gross out you and tell you more about this journey!  It is not as easy as it looks (actually, I could not have been more wrong about the entire commitment, looking back on it now), but by God, I made it through and I will take very good care of my new smile.  Thank you!



No comments: