Monday, May 12, 2008

Gasoline for $0.609 per gallon???

Read it as proof, folks!!! I just filled up Joe's car with unleaded gasoline today in Sheboygan for $0.609/gallon.

Thanks to my mom's savvy Piggly Wiggly savings card and buying groceries for my mule of a brother that eats even the hinges off of the kitchen cabinets, she's racked up enough 'rewards points' to redeem at this Piggly Wiggly gas station.

We were visiting family in Sheboygan for Mother's Day today and behold: a Piggly Wiggly with a gas station attached to it with this "Redeem Your Rewards Points!" program.

After racking up an astounding 94,200 rewards points, Momma let me swipe her card at the pump to get a whopping discount of $3.14 PER gallon.

At first my dad and I thought there were some grammatical or syntax errors on the stickers advertising this deal. We thought it was $3.14 discount per fill-up, but I guess you could always be a stinker and fill up one gallon, stop the transaction, get your discount, start another transaction for one gallon, stop, get your discount, etc...

So, we just went ahead and pumped up Joe's car until the tank was brimming with glorious, nearly free, fuel.

And it was true.

I bought 10.33 gallons of gasoline for a bank-busting $6.33!!!

Hellooooo 1970s. I like your prices. :)

Unfortunately, that's probably the last time I'll ever experience that. It was still pretty nostalgic I suppose.


In other news, I am totally FREAKING OUT about being alone this summer down south. I think I'm homesick already and I haven't even left yet. I guess this experience will be one to tally up under the 'you-don't-know-what-you've-got-til-it's-gone' category, because I didn't realize very clearly, until now, how much I severely depended on my summertimes at home, in good ol' Suamico.

The bonfires. Family movie nights. Wrasslin' with my dog. Rollerblading in circles on my driveway. Hand-washing the car. Watching bats fly over the house at night. And mostly, falling asleep with the windows open, listening to the great nort' wuds nature sounds.

Just to unplug, be with family. I feel funny for relying on my family so much. I'm a big girl, what the heck?!

But I'm following my dreams, I'm following my dreams....and I've got to remember that you can't always find those in your backyard...

No comments: